Saturday, January 20, 2024

Guarding Against the Delusion and Illusions of Superstition

(By Dave Okorafor) - In my private chart of 34 criteria to consider before choosing a spouse, degree of superstitiousness is a premium point. Why is that so? 
    I was once in a relationship in which literally every conversation centred around spiritual dangers, ancestral curses, and evil machination and manipulation of lives and destinies. It was exhausting, believe me! 
    I knew myself; none of that was my thing. I wasn't going to be ready to combine spiritual warfare with the exhausting economic struggle in Nigeria. For how long would a man do that? 
    Show me the human with his w3apon before my physical eyes and let me f.i.ght or flee, but to pitch me against the wind to conquer, I'd rather be a coward. 
     In my family, we don't have demons troubling us. Our ancestors didn't curse us. Nobody plotted to steal our destinies. If we're not rich or advanced in education, we know the reasons. 
    So, I persuade you to never deliberately immerse yourself in the ocean of obsession with unseen things. It's like fighting the wind. You're not sure what you're dealing with, and you can hardly win. 
    I dissuade you from getting entangled with people who are always worried about di.a.bolical manipulations; 
     People who seek prophecies and deliverance/liberation from curses they believe have crippled them;
     People who jump from one prayer house to another because they believe people are after their life;
     People who maliciously disturb their neighbours with loud, dangerous prayers. 
     People who believe that destinies can be stolen, twisted or changed; 
     People who are sincerely convinced that rituals can yield physical money and make people verifiably and sustainably rich; 
     People who believe that poor people without education and who never had substantial capital to start any business are under a spiritual spell. 
     Individuals who don't believe in autopsies because, even if a man died of stroke, it was still sent to him by someone who hated them. In their life, nobody d.i.e.s unless someone else k.i.ll.s them. 
    Immersing oneself in superstition (which some people euphemistically christen being spiritual) brings precariousness to one's life and its journey. 
    It's like hopping on a free trolley set atop a smooth hill with a steep slope. It rolls down very fast, and anything can easily go wrong. 
     Superstition enshrouds life with all kinds of fear, fear that cripples and binds the mind. 
    Superstition yields delusion and illusions. It disorganizes thoughts and destabilizes life itself. It's an easy staircase to mental instability. 
     Guard yourself against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment