Monday, December 05, 2016

Finally Done With The Church

Aniunoh
(By Uzoamaka Doris Aniunoh) - I knew I was finally done with the church when the Catholic Church refused to bury my best friend's mother because she had owed some money at the women's meeting (she missed many meetings as well) and my friend did not have money to pay the debt.
Prior to this one, when my friend learned about her mum's death, she went straight to Christ Embassy, where she was a member, and asked to see a pastor. She was broken and confused and desperate, and needed to speak to a pastor urgently. She had even considered suicide.
They posted her up and down till she gave up.
She did not have an appointment to see the pastor. Pastor was not available. Pastor was in a meeting. Pastor was praying. Pastor was busy. Sit at the reception. Wait. Come back later.
My mother just died. I need to speak to the pastor, please.
Nope. She didn't speak to anyone. She left there more broken.
You know, if I had an envelope and I was there to sow seed or pay my tithe, the pastor would have been available, she said.
My friend had to find a pastor somewhere in her village, paid him money (money is the operative word here), so he could pray and have her mum buried.
The Catholic Church refused to bury her because money, Christ Embassy refused to see and counsel my friend because no money. The church? Lmao! Stay very far away from me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment